To those of you who’ve been wondering where I’m at, I’ve been here all along, just absolutely buried in work (except for my trip to Boise the week before last). Nine days means 9 days of no Blog posts, not 9 days of no work; in fact the work this past week and a half has been some of the most intense of the past 6 years.
The crash of my main system put me behind something fierce, just as i predicted. I’m not yet recovered completely from it, and expect it will take a few more months before everything is completely restored to full functionality. As an example, i spent about 14 man hours this weekend just trying to re-install all my Adobe web development software together with many 3rd party apps for web development (like software to convert Word docs to “cean” HTML, the security software that allows me to manage log-ins for the GroupCaller website, the video capture software that allows me to make videos of the slide show & post them on the website, Adobe Acrobat X so i can produce high quality PDF’s, and the list goes on). Most of the high-end web development tools did NOT get installed because of conflicts with the installation of Windows 7 that I haven’t yet been able to debug. And how does this affect my work? Enormously!
For example, I wasn’t able to complete the setup for our new Incentive Promotion that I worked on all last week. There are certain high-end security HTML tools I need to complete the job. I can’t complete the job until I debug the installation conflicts within Windows 7. You see how these little details have big consequences? It all adds up to days, then weeks behind in critical work that I must complete.
Also, all the debugging time has prevented me from catching up on reporting (sorry to those of you who are still waiting for me to catch up on th weekly Leads Report and the weekly Bonus Fund report). I have another appointment with Mary early Monday and will be “incommunicato” most of the day while I help her get a handle on getting these reports out.
It has been frustrating, but during all this turmoil we’ve got some fabulous news! Last week, I spent 4 nearly sleepless nights working until the wee hours on a new Incentive Program. I’ll describe it in my next post. The bottom line is this: Saturday we tested the promotion for about 3 hours and set a record! It worked “big time.” The results were almost as good as I had hoped for. Of course, the limited test on Saturday was not an absolute certain indicator of its success, but Keith (the Proxy who tested it), myself and Melanie (Sales Director) are absolutely thrilled with the results. The bottom line is that we believe this will lead to a much faster ramp up time for all Remote Agents in their goal to create an income in the shortest time possible.
Anyway, I’ll have some numbers for you in my next post and describe the new incentive program. Hint as to what it is: Same as our current incentive (compensate people for coming to the webinar), but presented in a completely different manner. It appears the results were as high as 4 times more than the previous promotion! Be watching for news of our “$100 Award Certificate” promotion.